That Veteran Yoruba actor, Olumide Bakare is dead is nothing to talk about as the unfortunate news broke in the early hours of today.
What new about the story is how is ailments that claimed his life started 4 years ago. According to a report  written by a top movie reporter Gbolahan Adetayo of Cott People Magazine, lasr year Febriary which read thus:
“Itis no longer news that veteran actor, Olumide Bakare has once again been hit by heart attack. And this time, it is critical. He was rushed to the University College Hospital, UCH in Ibadan, Oyo State where he is right now receiving treatment.
The Ibadan-based thespian suffered a heart attack before now which almost claimed his life then. In early 2013, he suffered a cardiac arrest but pulled through. Last Tuesday, fresh information at our disposal claimed that the ailment is getting out of hand and he needs millions of naira to survive. However, his colleagues in the industry have been sending messages on social media to raise money for him. The message read thus: “My people, it is no more a rumour that our dear Olumide Bakare is hospitalized in UCH, Ibadan, he was diagnosed of heart and lungs disease, he needs millions of naira to come back on stage, he is seeking our help financially, this is his account details: A/C  No.: 3872003592. Account Name: OLUMIDE BAKARE. Bank: ECOBANK.
Last Wednesday 3rd February 2016, City People Yoruba Movie Reporter, GBOLAHAN ADETAYO paid him a visit at the hospital but it was rather unfortunate that his health condition is so critical that no one was allowed to see him. Gbolahan however went to the information department of the hospital in order to see if he could be permitted, alas, efforts made was abortive, but he met with one Mr Lekan who is the consultant in charge and the response was that the patient was sleeping. After waiting for hours, Olumide agreed to talk to us on mobile phone when he was awake. After a while, Gbolahan called and his response was that he won’t be able to talk for long due to his health. Here is his exclusive mobile phone chat with City People. Excerpt.
How did the sickness start?
It has started since 2013 but it wasn’t as bad at it is now, we have treated it but you know things like that don’t go easily.  About 15 days ago, the sickness resurfaced and I was rushed to the emergency unit of University College Hospital, Ibadan where I have been admitted.
What were the symptoms you saw before you were rushed to hospital?
I wasn’t feeling anything, it just that I fell critically sick and I was brought to the hospital for treatment.
What did doctors diagnose when you were brought in?
After the test was conducted, the result revealed that I am suffering from “Dissecting Aortic Aneurysm and Pulmonary Embolism” which has to do with heart related issues.  From the diagram, it showed that there is a blockage in the vein that takes blood to the heart.
We learnt that the injection you take daily cost #40,000 daily, how factual is that?
That is not true. It is #14,000 plus per one and it’s called Clexane injection and I take 4 per day. I have been on it now for 21 days.
What was doctors’ comment on the cause of the ailment?
Initially, I was diagnosed with blood clot before it affected the heart.
When you were diagnosed with that, was it neglected or you actually treated it?
It was treated. It is a thing that when it gets started, it is not something that heals on time. It can be managed if at the end of the day it doesn’t arrive at surgery. I have been managing it before the heart problem set in. I am so sorry that I can’t continue this interview any longer. I think I have given you enough information. Thank you”. May His soul Rest in Peace.